Write into Joy
Build resilience and joy through journaling & reflecting
We all want more joy in our lives.
Joy is about being open to the goodness in each day. Joy is about moments, it’s a sense of wonder and gratitude, connection and meaning.
But sometimes life is hard and what you really need is more resilience.
Joy and resilience go hand and hand — by noticing the good, the beautiful, the wonder, you build resilience. And when you’re more resilient you’re more open to joy.
Write into Joy workshops help you build resilience and bring more joy into your days through reflecting on and journaling about your life stories.
Each separate workshop explores a theme to help you reconnect with what you love, discover your own strength and resiliency, savor moments of joy and understand who you are — all through exploring your own experience.
I truly believe in the power of pen-to-paper. It’s wondrous beyond imagination. Thank you Melanie for bringing such a powerful group together and sharing this gift. So many emotions, from tears to being overjoyed. You created such a beautiful, safe and comforting space—I am grateful.
If you’re going to do anything this year—do a workshop with Melanie.
Reflecting on your stories lets you find your strengths and what you’re grateful for… and so much more!
In Write into Joy, you reflect and get your story on paper to:
- Understand yourself better through reflection
- Find deeper connection to yourself
- Gain insights into old stories that may be keeping you stuck
- Experience ahas about what you really want
- Recognize resources you already have
- Recall and savor special joyful moments
In short, we build resilience and joy through journaling & reflecting.
Each story you write has something to reveal. And working with your story, whether struggles or successes, can connect you more deeply to parts of yourself … and lead to a feedback loop of increased resilience & joy.
During each 2-hour workshop, we’ll explore through journaling prompts that put you in touch with stories from your life related to our central theme. I’ll be right there to support you and cheer you on. We’ll share ahas and insights in a super supportive environment.
And you’ll leave with tools you can use over and over to build your resilience and find more joy on your own.
I got so much out of Write into Joy. I didn’t realize how important the writing part was. I had so many thoughts swirling around in my head, but when I got them on paper, I could start to make sense of them and figure out what I need to know. Honestly, I think that it is better than therapy.
Exploring your story reveals resources you already hold that help you get through hard times AND open up to more joy.
Hi, I’m Melanie.
I believe in the power of your stories to help you connect with your authentic self. By reflecting on and journaling about your stories, you find greater authenticity, engagement, resilience, connection, gratitude, and joy. You gain clarity on what you want — and how to get it. I’ve helped hundreds of people use reflection and journaling to create a meaningful life they love even more.
In Write into Joy, I’ll guide you through intentional techniques to help you explore your stories and the wisdom they hold. I’ll witness your struggles and triumphs and everything in between. I’ll bring compassion, deep listening, fun and joy to the process.
During our two hours together, you’ll learn my Write into Joy process through:
- Journaling prompts to help you dig deep—and time to get ideas on paper!
- A chance to share your insights and learn from each other
- Community and connection in a safe and caring environment
My process leads to deeper understanding of self, powerful insights, and access to resources you hold within you. Joy and resilience are yours — let’s unlock them together.
Just 2 hours to greater joy and resilience!
Write into Joy is for you if you want to:
- Discover your own resiliency and create a roadmap for future challenges
- Experience more gratitude, awe, and wonder in your life
- Explore your experiences for deeper insights
- Live a life that’s more aligned with who you really are and what you deeply believe
- Use journaling as a tool to unlock wisdom from your lived experience
Join me for a 2-hour workshop for big ahas—keep coming back for deeper benefits!
Write into Joy Basics
- We meet on Zoom, a free online video conferencing platform.
- We’ll start with a warm up.
- I’ll provide lots of writing prompts, and you’ll get stories and specific details down on the page.
- We’ll have some time to share our insights and develop connections with each other.
I will be signing up for another class — I loved our workshop! The Zoom format makes it personal and I enjoyed the small group, which was intimate. I loved the format of writing and sharing within the allotted time, rather than doing “homework.” Your advice to tell one story at a time and not necessarily in chronological order was so helpful, and using the trigger of a quote on friendship really helped me get started. Over the past few days I have used your advice of paying attention, which has resulted in me seeing things that have been right in front of me all along, and also telling myself stories about what I am seeing. All a very long way of saying — I really enjoyed the workshop!