write into joy
Explore your story … discover yourself … find joy
Life is good, but … sometimes it’s a slog, sometimes you miss the passion you used to have, sometimes it feels a little flat. It sounds almost too simple, but tapping into and writing your stories is a powerful and accessible process that can bring you greater joy.
Write into Joy is a 2-hour workshop that helps you discover joy through examining and writing your own stories.
Each workshop explores a theme to help you reconnect with what you love, discover your own strength and resiliency, understand who you are — and recognize the stories you’ve held on to that are holding you back.
I loved Write into Joy because it made me set aside the time to sit and reflect and put my stories on the page. I love how writing can reveal things—memories, reminders of who I was and am, what I love and what’s important to me. Melanie’s prompts got me started … sometimes on a completely different story than what I thought I’d focus on. I love the magic that comes when you open yourself to memories and story like that. And while some stories are just for me, I loved having other people there exploring their stories and sharing their ahas and inspirations that came up for them in the process.
Reconnect with yourself and find wonder again!
Write into Joy is designed to help you
- Find deeper connection to your own story
- Understand yourself better through self-reflection on your story
- Gain insights into old stories that may be keeping you stuck
- Experience ahas about what you really want
- Develop connection and community with other joy seekers through sharing personal stories
During the 2-hour workshop, we’ll practice with juicy writing prompts to put you in touch with stories from your life related to our central theme. You’ll write one story and have an opportunity to share it.
You’ll leave with more writing prompts to keep you writing on your own and my tips for creating a writing habit and getting past sticking points.
Each story you write has something to reveal. And working with your story, whether struggles or successes, can connect you more deeply to parts of yourself … and lead to more joy.
I got so much out of Write into Joy. I didn’t realize how important the writing part was. I had so many thoughts swirling around in my head, but when I got them on paper, I could start to make sense of them and figure out what I need to know. Honestly, I think that it is better than therapy.
Discover a roadmap to a life you love.
Hi, I’m Melanie.
I believe we all have stories to tell. I believe in the power of stories to help us connect with our authentic selves, and I believe our stories help us find deeper joy and meaning. I’ve helped hundreds of people write their story, and I’d love to help you write yours. I’ll guide you through intentional techniques to help you explore your story and get the stories you really want to tell on paper in clear and compelling ways. I’ll witness your hard stories and triumphs and everything in between. I bring compassion, deep listening, fun and joy to the process. Won’t you join me and write into joy?
Your story is more than just words … it’s the route to a life you love.
Write into Joy introduces you to my Write into Joy process.
During our two hours together, you’ll get:
- Writing prompts to help you dig deep—and time to write!
- Tips and techniques to develop a writing practice
- A chance to share your story
- Feedback from me and your classmates
- Community and connection
Join me and others seeking joy through writing.
Just 2 hours to greater joy!
Write into Joy is for you if you want to:
- Live a life that is more aligned with who you really are and what you deeply believe
- Experience more gratitude, awe, and wonder in your life
- Explore your experiences for deeper insights
- Discover your own resiliency and create a roadmap for future challenges
- Get personal stories onto paper for yourself or to share with others
- Enjoy a powerful writing practice
- Deepen connections to yourself and your classmates in a safe and joyful environment
The more you write your story, the deeper the benefits, but even one story in two hours can bring big ahas!
Write into Joy Basics
- We meet on Zoom, a free online video conferencing platform.
- We’ll start with a warm up.
- I’ll provide lots of writing prompts and you’ll get stories and specific details down on the page.
- We’ll have some time to share our stories.
- You’ll leave with a rough story plus lots of writing prompts and tips to keep you writing!
I will be signing up for another class — I loved our workshop! The Zoom format makes it personal and I enjoyed the small group, which was intimate. I loved the format of writing and sharing within the allotted time, rather than doing “homework.” Your advice to tell one story at a time and not necessarily in chronological order was so helpful, and using the trigger of a quote on friendship really helped me get started. Over the past few days I have used your advice of paying attention, which has resulted in me seeing things that have been right in front of me all along, and also telling myself stories about what I am seeing. All a very long way of saying — I really enjoyed the workshop!