Set Yourself Up for a Fabulous Summer
What will this summer look like for you? While it may not look like summers past, I’m hopeful it will look more normal than last summer. But I pause when I say that, because what does normal look like? What does it mean — and what part of it do you want? I’m taking some time to think through what I really want to make this a fabulous summer. How about you?
Some questions I’m asking:
- How do I want to feel?
- What do I want my days to look like?
- Where do you want to be?
- What am I excited about doing?
- What do I want to work into each day (Creativity? Learning? Physical activity? Time in nature? Conversation? Other things?)
- Who do I want to connect with and how?
- What feels uncomfortable?
- What didn’t happen last year that I don’t want to bring back?
- What new things did we try last year that felt really good?
You may want to consider these questions too. Get quiet and sit with them, or let them turn over in your mind as you walk. Pull out a notebook or journal and freewrite.
What comes up for you? Don’t think about it like a to do list or a schedule. Think about what would make your summer fabulous. It all starts with a clear picture of how you want to feel, what you want to do, and what is important to you.
Once you have a clear picture of what you want, then start thinking about making it happen. That might mean reaching out to friends, taking time off, booking a room or a campsite. It might mean stocking up on books or art supplies or s’mores ingredients. It might mean rethinking your mornings, moving from a gym to an outdoor run, or unplugging your phone.
You know what you want your summer to look like. Go for it!
Write Into Joy
- Use journaling as a tool to unlock wisdom from your life
- Experience more gratitude, awe, and wonder through reflection
- Discover your own resilience and create a roadmap for future challenges
Click below for pricing and upcoming dates.
Hi, I’m Melanie!
I’m a Journaling and Joy Coach and I believe your story is the key to the life you want.
I guide my clients through intentional processes to find the answers waiting for you in your stories, bringing compassion, deep listening — and fun — to the process.
Want to learn more? Enter your info here to get my weekly blog post and journalling prompts sent right to your inbox.