I believe connection is one of the most important elements in my life. And science agrees. As pointed out in this article, feeling connected makes us “less likely to experience sadness, loneliness, low self-esteem, and problems with eating and sleeping”. And, it really feels good to be connected.
Try to think of a time when you felt a strong bond with someone in your life.
1. Choose a specific example of an experience you had with this person where you felt especially close and connected to them.
- Consider the ways in which this experience made you feel close and connected to the other person.
- Write about the experience, use sensory details and dialog to make your story come alive. Reflect on how the person made you feel, how having connection made you feel.
2. Consider how to help someone in your life feel your connection with them.
- Take the time to show them why you feel connected. What can you do for them that involves just giving them time?
- Write about your plan and why you believe your time will add to the connection between the two of you.
- Spend as much time as needed to make them feel your care.
- Afterwards, write about it.