It’s December and as we approach the end of the year, I find myself reflecting.
I ask myself questions like: What’s good in my life right now? What’s most challenging? What do I want most right now and in the rest of this year and next? What can I do to be more in alignment with my values or move forward on my dreams?
Today, I invite you to reflect on where you are right now.
Here are a few ways to do that:
1. Look back. I know we’re talking about where you are right now, but sometimes looking back at what you wanted, what you’ve done, how you got to right now provides clarity about now. If you set New Year’s intentions or goals or did this Write with Me reflection, revisit what you wrote.
- What’s gone well?
- What didn’t work?
- Do your goals and dreams still resonate?
- What can you celebrate?
2. Ask questions. The questions I mentioned above are a good starting point. Think about each in relation to different aspects of your life—relationships, work, family, health, fun…. Freewrite about these questions. Sometimes I like to take a walk and think about the questions then come back and write.
- What’s good in my life right now?
- What’s most challenging?
- What do I want most right now and in the rest of this year?
- What can I do to be more in alignment with my values or move forward on my dreams?
Wherever you are, take time to acknowledge the different pieces of your life. Celebrate what you have and set your intentions — in writing— for the rest of the year!
Want to share your intentions? Comment on the blog or hit reply to share.
P.S. Want more help setting intentions? It’s time to think about what’s meaningful to you and my free guide, 3 Steps to Having a Meaningful Life You Love, is a great place to start designing your best life—a life with more energy, engagement, and clarity.