It’s December and as we approach the end of the year, I find myself reflecting.
I ask myself questions like: What’s good in my life right now? What’s most challenging? What do I want most right now and in the rest of this year and next? What can I do to be more in alignment with my values or move forward on my dreams?
Today, I invite you to reflect on where you are right now.
Here are a few ways to do that:
1. Look back. I know we’re talking about where you are right now, but sometimes looking back at what you wanted, what you’ve done, how you got to right now provides clarity about now. If you set New Year’s intentions or goals or did this Write with Me reflection, revisit what you wrote.
- What’s gone well?
- What didn’t work?
- Do your goals and dreams still resonate?
- What can you celebrate?
2. Ask questions. The questions I mentioned above are a good starting point. Think about each in relation to different aspects of your life—relationships, work, family, health, fun…. Freewrite about these questions. Sometimes I like to take a walk and think about the questions then come back and write.
- What’s good in my life right now?
- What’s most challenging?
- What do I want most right now and in the rest of this year?
- What can I do to be more in alignment with my values or move forward on my dreams?
Wherever you are, take time to acknowledge the different pieces of your life. Celebrate what you have and set your intentions — in writing— for the rest of the year!
Want to share your intentions? Comment on the blog or hit reply to share.
P.S. If you want to do more reflective work like this, join me in January for Write into Joy. We’ll reflect and write about dreams and goals and see how your story can bring more of what you want into your life! Registration is open now. Get your spot here >> https://wellfleetcircle.com/write-into-joy/ (Join by December 31st for 2019 rates!)