One year ago today I started this bi-weekly email – Write With Me Wednesdays. So today is Write With Me’s One Year Anniversary. I hope you have enjoyed the writing prompts and have written some stories.
I would love you to send me an Anniversary present. Send me any two page or shorter story you have written and I will send you back my thoughts and suggestions. Just hit reply and attach your story. I love reading stories!
If you haven’t started writing stories, maybe you’re thinking “I’m not a writer” or “My stories are not that interesting”. I bet that you have great stories and the best way to become a good writer is – to write. Just like yoga or running or playing the piano, the more you practice the better you will get. Just start where you are and take it one step at a time.
So if you haven’t written a story yet, here are some prompts to get you going.
The weather outside is beautiful here in Northern California and I have loved being out in nature. This week we will focus on nature and the beauty around us.
1. Spend 10-30 minutes outside observing the world around you. Write about what you notice and write about how being outside made you feel.
2. What is your most beautiful place in the world? Why? What do you love about it?
3. When you go outside, what do you feel? Which of your senses are you most aware of?
4. What part of nature are you most thankful for? Why?
5. If you had a choice of any natural landscape to live on the planet and money was not an issue, where would you live? What would your first year there be like?
6. Write a story using the following image: a clearing deep in the woods where sunlight filters through the overhead lattice of tree leaves.
7. Write a poem about nature.
8. Does nature make you happy, feel awe, inspire you, make you feel alive? Write about it.
P.S. Interested in learning more about the power of your stories to create a life of resilience, connection, and meaning? Check out my Write Into Joy workshops to learn how to build resilience and joy through journaling & reflecting. Click here to see a list of upcoming workshops.